We love our Christmas traditions. Before my husband and I had children, we always watched our favorite Christmas movies leading up to Christmas. Having children meant we had to reinvent our traditions. My children are especially sensitive to anything scary or dramatic, even with Christmas movies! My husband and I want to share our favorite Christmas movies with our toddlers, but many of them are boring to them like The Santa Clause or too scary like How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
In order to honor our Christmas movie tradition with the kids, we found five toddler-friendly Christmas movies that kept our children engaged and in the Christmas spirit! Click the link below to find out where you can stream, rent, or buy each Christmas movie!
5 toddler-friendly Christmas movies
- Peppa Pig: Peppa’s Christmas (2015)
Peppa is up to her usual adventures with her brother George as they meet Santa Clause and help him deliver his gifts and more. It is shorter than a movie so it’s a quick choice to watch before an early bedtime!
- Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas (2009)
George the monkey goes on an adventure to prepare for Christmas! Both George and the Man in the Yellow hat cannot decide what to get each other for Christmas. Find out with your little ones what they decide to get for each other.
- Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas (2004)
In this Disney Classic, this movie includes five Mickie Mouse shorts about different Christmas adventures with the Mickey Mouse crew!
- Veggie Tales: The Best Chrismas Gift (2019)
In this nativity-centered Christmas story, the classic Veggie Tales characters must put on a theatre production about the meaning of Christmas, as well as celebrating new traditions.
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure (2017) This short film features the original Frozen characters. The adorable snowman, Olaf, searches the kingdom for traditions to add to Elsa and Anna’s Christmas holiday. In this comical and heartfelt adventure, family and Christmas are celebrated with every toddler’s well-known characters.
The Star (2017) A small, but brave donkey goes on an adventure as he and other barn animals bear witness to the first Christmas in Bethlehem!