I like my salads light on the iceberg lettuce and heavy on the “good stuff”. Think hearty greens, textured grains, healthy (but delicious) toppings, and easy, homemade dressing that is bursting with flavor. These are my absolute favorite salads that I make all year, but especially in the summer when the weather heats up. And oh yeah…they are husband approved too and perfect for entertaining.
- Goddess Chicken Salad from Pinch of Yum: Make it even easier then it already is by using a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store!
2. Summer Pasta Salad from local Charleston blogger, Designer Bags & Dirty Diapers: This is pretty much the only pasta salad recipe I need in my life anymore. Refreshing, flavorful, and the perfect poolside salad.
6. Burrata Tomato Salad from What’s Gaby Cooking: Okay, so this isn’t the healthiest “salad” you can make, but it might be one of the yummiest. And the dressing is OMG-good. Make this when your garden is overflowing with basil!
7. Spicy Southwestern Salad from Pinch of Yum: We made a version of this salad last night without sweet potatoes and it is still fantastic. Use whatever ingredients you have on hand – just make sure to make the Greek yogurt cilantro dressing!
8. Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad from Ambitious Kitchen: This is described as an “autumn salad” but I definitely make it year-round! If you are nervous about kale or raw brussels sprouts, this recipe will probably make you change your mind.