One of our goals this year has been to spend more quality one on one time with our kids. It takes planning to figure out when you can take your child on a date, but it is one of the best things you can do. Something happens when you get your child by yourself and they start to open up and share about things.
We are working on making this more of a habit, so I came up with a list of 20 date ideas to help us get started.
- Head to Jeni’s for ice cream together.
- Ready to get active? Hop over to one of the fun trampoline parks like Velocity.
- Enjoy a movie together and then have dessert afterward so you can talk about the movie.
- Pick out a craft or project on Pinterest and then work on it together.
- Go to a sporting event like a Riverdogs or Stingrays game.
- Try out a trail at one of the local parks.
- Ride go-carts. This will be sure to make you both laugh!
- Rent a paddle boat at one of the county parks.
- Walk around Waterfront Park and sit in the swings.
- Tour one of Charleston’s historical spots- a plantation, fort, etc.
- Take a class together at one of the rec centers.
- Visit the Charleston Museum.
- Take a carriage ride tour. You will learn something new every time you go.
- Walk the Ravenel Bridge together.
- Get dessert at Kaminskys.
- Make a list of fun restaurants in Charleston and slowly try each of them.
- Paint pottery together
- Go to the library or bookstore together and pick out books.
- Either go to a spa for manicures/pedicures or play spa at home.
- Visit one of the beaches and walk around together. Have fun looking for shells.
The options for a parent/child date night are endless. Make your list today and then schedule the time to actually make things happen.