There are tons of options for public pools in the Charleston area for those hot summer days. Our small neighborhood doesn’t have a community pool to join and the neighborhood adjoining ours charges almost $700/summer for a family membership. We use the two YMCA pools near us for a more frugal option and have also been to several other public pools in the area. Here’s information about some great local options!
If we missed one, let us know by emailing [email protected].
Charleston Area Public Pools
City of Charleston Pools:
- MLK Jr Pool: Open year-round, 155 Jackson St. (Downtown)
- WL Stephens Aquatic Center: Seasonal and indoor, 780 W. Oak Forest Drive (West Ashley)
- Herbert Hasell Pool: Seasonal, 265 Fishburne St (Downtown)
- James Island Pool: Seasonal, 1088 Quail Drive (James Island)
Daily Adult Rate: $2/resident, $4/non-resident
Daily Youth Rate: $1.50/resident, $3/non-resident
Yearly Adult/Youth Pass: $50/Resident, $100/non-resident
Charleston County Parks Pool:
- West County Aquatic Center: Seasonal, 5165 SC-165 (Hollywood)
$2/person daily rate (or free with the Charleston County Gold Pass), zero-depth entry area
YMCA Summerville Pools:
- Downtown Summerville YMCA: Indoor pool, 208 W. Doty Ave.
- Oakbrook YMCA: Outdoor pool, 900 Crosscreek Drive, Summerville
$15/daily pass per person
Approximately $70/month for a family YMCA membership (including gym facilities is also available)
City of North Charleston:
- North Charleston Aquatic Center: 8610 Patriot Blvd
Daily Child Rate: $3/day
Daily Adult Rate: $5/day
Daily Family Rate: $10/day
Monthly and Annual Memberships are also available.
- Felix Pinckney Pool: 4790 Hassell Ave. (North Chs)
- Northwoods Park Pool: 8348 Greenridge Rd. (North Chs)
- Collins Park Pool: 4115 Fellowship Rd. (North Chs)
Daily Child Rate: $2/day
Daily Adult Rate: $3/day
St. Andrews Family Fitness Plus:
- 1642 Sam Rittenberg Blvd (West Ashley)
$10/daily pass per person
Mt. Pleasant Recreation:
- RL Jones Center Pool: Indoor, 391 Egypt Rd.
- Park West Pool: Indoor, 1251 Park West Blvd
Resident: $5/visit fee
Non-Resident: $10/visit fee
Discounted swim pass bundles and yearly non-resident memberships are also available.
If you are looking for a private option a few times a year and want to splurge, there is also the Swimply App which is exactly like Airbnb or Vrbo but for renting private pools by the hour, and there are some great options in Charleston to check out!
Have a great summer in the sun, Charleston!