Giving back to our community is so important and we are so excited to present Charleston Moms CARE, a series where we’ll be highlighting different non-profits around the Lowcountry. We’ll tell you more about the organization and how you can get involved!
This month we are featuring The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center.
The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center
The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to prevent abuse, protect children, and heal families. The Center opened its doors in 1991 after gaps in services available to child victims in the Lowcountry were identified by the Junior League of Charleston.
Their vision is “Changing the world, one child at a time.”
The services provided are:
- Children’s Advocacy Center — a national model for the multidisciplinary, collaborative response when there is a concern for abuse
- Forensic Interviews — a neutral, fact-finding interview that takes place when there is a concern for abuse or witness of a crime
- Mental health assessments and therapy services
- Caregiver and family assessments
- Medical services
- Multi-disciplinary case coordination
Ways to get involved
- Volunteer — There are several different ways to volunteer, like hosting a prevention training, or setting up a weekend activity.
- Join an event
- See something, say something! — Dee Norton provides several different numbers for you to reach out for help, plus lots of excellent resources!
Learn more about The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center:
Don’t forget to check out the other non-profits we’ve featured!
Charleston Moms CARE: Spotlight on Amor Healing Kitchen
Charleston Moms CARE: Spotlight on My Sister’s House
Charleston Moms CARE: Spotlight on The Family Collective
Charleston Moms CARE: Spotlight on Lowcountry Blessing Box Project
Charleston Moms CARE: It’s Okay to Ask for Help
Charleston Moms CARE: National Cervical Cancer Coalition
Charleston Moms CARE: Future Ready Education Initiative
Charleston Moms CARE: The Avery Research Center