Due to the cancellation of local schools in our area, we reached out a hand to our community and asked them to provide us with a list of businesses donating meals to those children in need. It is so comforting to know kiddos will have full bellies during the next few weeks.
*We will continue to update this list so please check back regularly. As always, we recommend that you double-check the details as they are subject to change. And if you know of a local business or school that should be added here, please email [email protected]
The Charleston County School District Office of Nutrition Services will be offering a drive-thru “Grab & Go” Style Meal Service consisting of a Breakfast and Lunch for students at 15 sites within the Charleston County School District. The following sites have been designated for meal distribution:
Carolina Voyager Charter
Charleston Charter for Math and Science
Charleston County School of the Arts
Charleston Progressive Academy
Chicora Elementary School
E.B. Ellington Elementary School
Goodwin Elementary School
Harborview Elementary School
Haut Gap Middle School
Ladson Elementary School
Laing Middle School
Sanders Clyde Elementary School
St. James Santee Elementary School
Stall High School
West Ashley Middle School
With school districts around the country closing their campuses to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the Charleston County School District will offer a drive-thru, “Grab & Go” style Meal Service at the above-named area sites for each day the school district is closed.
Students 18 years or younger will be provided lunch and breakfast for the following day. Students from neighboring districts are eligible to participate in the meal service offered at the Charleston County School’s locations. Distribution of meals will be stationed at the sites designated for drive-up or walk-up pick up only. Cafeterias will not be open for on-site meal service.
While Berkeley County schools are closed because of COVID-19, the county will be providing hot lunch and a snack at no cost to children 18 years old and younger.
A drive through pick up service will be set up starting Monday at the locations below. The locations will be open from 11 am until Noon, Monday through Friday. Students will not be permitted to enter the building or eat on site. This is open to ALL Berkeley County children.
The locations are:
- Berkeley High School located at 406 W Main St, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- Cainhoy Elementary School located at 2434 Cainhoy Rd, Huger, SC 29450
- Cane Bay High School located at 1624 State Rd, Summerville, SC 29483
- College Park Middle School located at 713 College Park Rd, Ladson, SC 29456
- Cross Elementary School located at 1325 Ranger Dr, Cross, SC 29436
- Goose Creek High School located at 1137 Red Bank Rd, Goose Creek, SC 29445
- Hanahan Elementary School located at 4000 Mabeline Rd, Hanahan, SC 29410
- H.E. Bonner Elementary School located at 171 Macedonia Foxes Cir, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- J.K. Gourdin Elementary School located at 1649 Highway 45. Pineville, SC 29468
- Sangaree Elementary School located at 1460 Royle Rd, Summerville, SC 29483
- St. Stephen Elementary School located at 1053 Russellville Rd, St Stephen, SC 29479
- Timberland High School located at 1418 Gravel Hill Rd, St Stephen, SC 29479
The following sites will serve as curbside “Grab & Go” meal centers: ABES, FDHS, FES, OES, Spann, and WRES. Any student through age 18 may receive meals from designated sites – parochial, charter or any student who has a need. They will receive lunch and the next day’s breakfast. Meal centers will be open from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. This service will begin on Tuesday, March 17th.
Due to Governor McMaster’s mandated cancellation of school, Dorchester School District Four’s Food Service Department will provide breakfast and lunch for Dorchester Four students. This will begin on Tuesday, March 17th. These meals will be provided throughout the schools’ closure and may be picked up Mondays through Fridays from 10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. at the locations listed below.
- Clay Hill Elementary
- Four Holes Indian Reservation
- Sampson Road Carter Station
- Saint George Middle
- Saint Mark United Methodist Church
- Shady Grove United Methodist Church
- Saint Matthews Baptist Church
- Williams Memorial Elementary
- New Grace United Methodist Church
- Bethel #1 Church
- Jerusalem Baptist Church
- Saint Mark Baptist Church
- Cedarwood Apartments
- Harleyville Elementary School
- Odyssey Educational Center
- Winfield Apartments
- Eggs Up Grill will be offering free meals to kids. Just stop by weekdays from 11 am-1 pm while school is out. No purchase necessary. Families can either take it to go or eat it at our restaurant. *This offer is valid for children 12 and under, per request, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Baroni’s Pizza will offer a free slice of cheese pizza and a small drink to school-aged children during the hours of 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at both locations (Mount Pleasant and West Ashley). This offer is only good for dine-in or take-out, and children must be present.
- Zia Taqueria: From today through the reopening of CCSD schools, if your K – 12th grader needs lunch it’s on us! Just bring them in and they’ll get a cheese quesadilla and a side of rice; Free of charge, No strings attached, from 11 to 3 every single day.