For a little sea island, James Island is full of a bunch of great parks for kids of all ages! Check out my list of our favorite parks on James Island and Folly Beach!
James Island Parks
- James Island County Park: A beautiful, big park complete with walking trails, spray play, playground, dog park, waterpark, picnic tables and shelters, climbing wall, fishing pier, boat rentals, and large green spaces for kicking the ball around!
Address: 871 Riverland Drive
Cost: $2 per person or free with Charleston County Park Gold Pass
- Demetre Park (aka: Sunrise Park): A beach park with gorgeous views of The Battery and The Ravenel Bridge. While there is no playground, there’s a great beach for kids to explore (and look for shark teeth!) and a fishing pier to walk on.
Address: 640 Wampler Drive
- Plymouth Park: Tucked back in the Riverland Terrace neighborhood, this cute little playground is right on the river and next to a fire station – perfect for firetruck obsessed kids! Another fun aspect of this park are the ride-on toys that have been donated for kids to play with. A perfect toddler park!
Address: 35 Plymouth Ave.
- Thomas Johnson Park: The playground has recently been remodeled with really nice new equipment. The park also has basketball and tennis courts and a baseball field.
Address: 1443 Successionville Road
- James Island Recreation Center: Our awesome rec center has two playgrounds for kids, one in the front and one in the back of the building.
Address: 1088 Quail Drive
Folly Beach Parks!
- Wave Watch Playground: A little surfing-themed playground that just screams Folly Beach!
Address: 500 W. Cooper Street
- Folly River Park: While there’s no playground equipment here, I love to take my toddler here to run down the fishing pier.
Address: 58 Center Street
- Pirates Cove Playground: Fun equipment (including a boat to climb on!) and a little skate park in the neighboring basketball court to watch the big kids.
Address: 510 E. Erie