Having a night to connect with other moms outside of a playdate setting is such a breath of fresh air. Choosing to take time for yourself to do things that you actually enjoy with a group of friends sometimes gives us just enough gas to feel like we can keep doing this parenting thing.
Below, I’ve compiled a list of mom’s night out ideas to do here in the Lowcountry. Enjoy!
Moms Night Out Ideas
- Aerial Yoga– When I first looked this up I laughed to myself. I’m the ultimate klutz. Once I started reading about it though, it seemed like a really good workout. Throw a group of moms that haven’t been out in years and it sounds like a fun time. They help you throughout the entire class and accept all different levels of experience.
- Escape Room– I’ve only tried an escape room once. Let me tell you, I’m awful at puzzles. It’s just pure distraction at its finest. Another thing I can tell you is that I had the time of my life. I distinctly remember just moseying around the room looking for clues when my friend stuck her finger inside a picture frame. We were both so excited and we ended up getting ourselves out just in time.
- Ax Throwing– A few of my friends keep talking about this ax-throwing place. I went to a gun show as a teenager. I ended up being in the newspaper throwing an ax and I also won the bow and arrow contest. It’s shocking to me as well. I wouldn’t mind dusting off the ole’ ax for some friendly competition.
- Candle Making Class– This place is fun! My friends and I booked our class on a Saturday afternoon. We ended up getting ice cream before and dessert after. The instructor was so knowledgeable and you can pick from a wide variety of different scents. You leave your candle there overnight and pick it up the next day once it’s hardened. Try to leave without smelling every single candle they sell there, I dare you!
- Rage Room– As moms, we can have a lot of built-up tension. In short, this facility is a place where there are no rules. They have a paint room, a car room, and a room that has random breakable items. The idea is to break or make a mess. So we pretty much get to be our kids for a night!
- Workshop– Let your creativity fly with these custom made DIY projects. The older I get the more I find myself investing in my home before anything else. If you are a decor junkie like me, you have found the perfect place for your mom’s night out. You pick out the piece and the tools needed and get to work.
- Take a Tour– Downtown Charleston has historic tours offering a variety of ways to get around (horse and carriage, trolley, bicycle, walking, etc) with varying prices and locations. If you’re a history buff this date day/night is a perfect match. I’ve done the horse and carriage tour three times now and I learn something new each time, but I wouldn’t recommend it during the summer months.
If you take time to schedule something fun in your life periodically, I can guarantee that you won’t regret it. You need this time. When you’re better for yourself, you’re better for your family. You weren’t designed to feel so burnt out. It’s not always easy to say that you need a break. I’m guilty of working myself (mentally and physically) past what I am capable of and I’ve had to learn that the hard way.
So make it happen! Put that leopard print mask on and let your wild side fly high! I can tell you without a doubt, I’m looking forward to my next mom’s night out all the more now.